mybargainbliss couponsearch
 

Monday, March 24, 2008

Target Markdown Schedule

Let's face it, Target has cute stuff! I don't know how they did it, but they managed to make a super-store cool. The kids around here shop at Target as though they were at the mall. When I was a kid, I didn't want to be seen in Target, Wal-mart, K-mart and the like, but it seems that Target has managed to break away from the pack in terms of really identifying with the consumer.


As you can probably guess, I really don't do a lot of brick and mortar shopping. This is mainly due to being on pretty tight budget and realizing the power of the internet for saving money. I do, however, make it out to Target about once a week. I have a few secrets to share with you.


Secret #1
I never buy anything that isn't marked down.

Secret #2
I watch the price tags and quantity of items remaining to see whether I will hold off on buying in hopes of further markdown, or buy right away.

Secret #3
I know the Target markdown schedule like the back of my hand.


  • Monday - Kids Clothing and Electronics
  • Tuesday - Women's Clothing and Domestics
  • Wednesday - Men's Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty
  • Thursday - Lingerie, Shoes, Housewares
  • Friday - Cosmetics, Housewares, Automotive

Target will typically mark down unsold clearance merchandise every two weeks, but sometimes more often. Right now there are a ton of toddler shirts around $4 (OshKosh), but I know that if I wait a week or so, they will go down to less than $2.

Now that you have the info, here's a fun little game to play if you are ever bored and need something to pass the time.

  1. Leave kids with husband or mom

  2. Grab an Iced Latte from Starbucks (usually in the store)

  3. Go to your nearest SuperTarget or Regular Target

  4. Get a basket and get your game face on

  5. Now roll your cart around the perimeter of the store glancing at all the end caps

  6. You will find clearance signs with tons of odds and ends

  7. Once you have gone around the outside, head into the other departments and look for the clearance merchandise beyond the beaten path.

  8. You have probably found a ton of fun (really cheap) things that you needed or wanted

  9. Come back in 2 weeks and all of this stuff has either been marked down again or totally new for the picking.

It's important to note that you can often find clearance items at target.com.

Have fun!

1 comments:

Olytoo said...

Great Target advice! I also do alot online. I find the deals, then I try to find a rebate to add on. Greenbackstreet has great percentages of cash back. 7.7% at Target and they have 1100 or so sites. Please use promo 80076. Happy deal finding!